Wednesday, May 1, 2013

NEHFD 5k

Today as part of National Employee Health and Fitness Day we had a chip timed 5k race with approximately 140 competitors.

I got to try out my new Timex Run Trainer 2.0 GPS watch in a competitive race for the first time. It was a very unusual weather day in NC today, we had low cover cloud and drizzle .... all day. Still with temperatures in the mid 60's it was better conditions that the blistering hot 90's we had last year.

Due to the rain and slippery conditions I decided not to run barefoot but instead wear my huarache sandals for better traction. The 5k course is challenging with the first mile being primarily down hill and the final two miles being uphill. My goal was to run in the 22 minute time frame. The following image shows the lap times for this run using a display of lap times from Endomondo.


 My GPS watch worked flawlessly with a distance of 3.11 miles being recorded, see summary below:
Overall, not a bad race, although it was definitely a tough race. Most of my training consists of longer distance and endurance making this shorter distance race much tougher.

No comments:

Post a Comment